CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Checklists suck.


So we left Greece at 4am yesterday, landed in LA at 10:30pm, and arrived in Bakersfield at 2am. Taking into account time zones, I was up for a total of 28 hours; I HATE that I am a light sleeper and can't snooze on planes. (PS-"The Spiderwick Chronicles" is a hot mess of a movie and should not be shown on land, sea, or air.) The jet lag hit me this afternoon, but I had to post this picture, as it pretty much sums up all that was NOT fun on my European rendevouz. I was required to take roll of everyone whenever we arrived at another really significant pile of rocks, a random church, or when someone had to stop to buy another crappy souvenir that most likely broke in their suitcase. I'll put up more pictures and info. in a couple days when I have had some sleep and am not so bitter...but let's be honest, sleep won't rid me of cynicism.

3 comments:

Amy Coontz said...

I'm glad you made it back safe and sound. Well, safe!! Even though we live very far away, just knowing you were gone made me miss you!
Aunt Amy

Unknown said...

Why is cynicism a bad thing? What most people call cynicism is really just brutal realism.

Candice Lynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.