CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Girls' Camp, Shmirls' Shmamp


I and the other Rosedale Ward leader are crap and failed to bring a camera, hence the file photo-Google never lets me down. Fun fact: the average person uses Google 40.7 times a month. Obviously I am above average, as I use it about 400.7 times a month when school is in session. But I digress...I was one of only two leaders in camp, and 7 of our 9 girls were on the 4th year hike for most of the week, making ward campfires a tad quiet. The ward next to us stayed up until the wee hours most nights, though, so I still managed to be annoyed and engage in telling some girls to can it, as it was past midnight, to which some 12 year old with a death wish replied she could "sing if [she] wants to!" Seriously? Rather than give her the beatdown she deserved, I just zippped up my tent, figuring black eyes don't really invite the spirit. Overall, though, it was a great week, and Big Meadow is as amazing as ever. I got a chance to get to know my girls better and to hang out with Jamie Bingham (nee' Bedke), whose mom supplied me with peppermint oil to relieve my huge mosquito bites. Gold star to my mama who served as camp director and did an amazing job. I'm sure she'll start planning next year's camp as soon as she gets back from Hawaii- I'll help as long as she brings back a coconut monkey for me!

5 comments:

SAS said...

Thanks for crafting with me--I enjoyed your company!

Unknown said...

You should have totally given that kid a beat down. That's the problem with teenagers these days, not enough beatings.

Courtney said...

ewww...i need to know who this crappy girl was. by the way..that mug was NOT your birthday gift...just a humorous gesture...so mom had better have given you your present. glad you had fun at campy mc camp camp. wish i could have been there...weeeellll (annoying girls, disgusting ratty hair, six hour testimony meetings, spening time with mom and candice(priceless)...ok yeah wish i could have been there. please get more pics of a darling new baby boy. I believe we should call him "he who cannot be named"

Heidi and Rich said...

I love reading your posts - I wish I was as creative and funny as you. Give Daniel a kiss for us from Las Vegas.

Dean and Maryellen said...

Your blogs are really fun to read. You have a great way of saying what you think.
love you, grandma