CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 28, 2008

I don't cook that much/Venting

We had a service project/barbecue for the Wednesday night joint activity last week, and all the gals and ladies were supposed to bring chips or cookies. I had Tanner and Porter with me at the store and Tanner requested Oreos-no problem. I don't cook/bake too often and it was freakin' hot. Anyways, following the yard work extravaganza, we headed over to the barbecue/pool party and the other YW leaders and I were arranging everything in the kitchen. One of the other women saw the Oreos and then looked at me, saying, "Of course; that's such a Candice thing to bring." Seriously? A few months back we had a dinner at my house and some of the women would not shut up about the fact that I only had two dishtowels and limited cooking utensils. How many dishtowels does one person need? I don't go to their houses and comment on their kids' toys being everywhere, or ask personal questions about their relationships. Why do they feel the need/right to do so with me?

7 comments:

Courtney said...

you should have said "that's such a 'you" thing to say" it's ok if you're not Susie homemaker...at least you pose as picture perfect polly (like that illit??? huh huh) like some women (cough cough) besides...you're peanut butter cookies are bomb. -your RASFL

Courtney said...

by the way...i meant to say you "don't" pose....my bad.

Meghan said...

If you had more dishtowels, your future husband would just use them to clean the toilet.

I'm not making this up.

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

They just wish they could be like you!

Funny- last week I had a piano recital & I thought the same thing - it's too hot. If I made treats, I'd spend the savings by pumping up my AC to cool my house down during and afterwards. So, lo & behold, a man commented on the little muffins. I said, "Costco made them." He looked quite disgusted & didn't even say a thing. Oh well - I enjoyed my clean, cool house.

SPOWERS said...

Hi dum dum! It's me... yo friend Stephanie! I called you while I was in town and started holding a grudge until I saw your blog! Hello fun vacation! Ok maybe it would've been more fun with a tall dark handsome lad but at least you looked darling in all of the pics. And to the lady that made the comment; don't worry, they're almost on the verge of a nervous breakdown trying to keep up with all the other molly's. " I can do this this this and this, how about you?!" It's true, they're just jealous you're foot loose and fancy free and look cute doing it!

Kristi said...

I agree with your friend Stephanie, they're jealous. Don't take it personally. Oreo are great, homemade goodies are always questionable (did they wash their hands, do they have pets, did their kids help?).

Jaime said...

I bet that every oreo cookie was gone before their nasty homemade ones. How rude can people be! I can only imagine who said that to you.