CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Perks of the job.

Two of my great loves are dark chocolate and ice cream. Combined? Heaven on earth. Awhile back one of my students mentioned he worked at Cold Stone Creamery, and I told him to keep me updated on when their amazing After Dinner Mint (dark peppermint chocolate ice cream with Oreos, marshmallows, and chocolate pieces) would be available, as it is a seasonal treat. Winter is an odd time to indulge in cold desserts, but thankfully it remains warm in Bakersfield, and not even residing in Antarctica could keep me from After Dinner Mint. My student did better; not only did he let me know it was now in stores, but he brought me an entire half gallon. Yay! I know some people get cash bonuses, company cars, and clothing allowances at their jobs, but these are my perks, and they are fan-freakin'-tastic. Bangarang, Kaleb.

8 comments:

Stake Camp Directors said...

I don't know how many years, I have bought ice cream and you were a beneficiary. But I didn't see any of that half gallon. Stay away from our Mint Chip and Chocolate Malted Crunch. HAHA Sorry about that bad habit. Dad

Amy Coontz said...

The ice-cream gene somehow skipped me. But what you just described, I would eat in our 40 degrees!!

Meghan said...

Charles and I used to go get PINTS at Cold Stone on our way out for the evening.

:cry:

I miss being 22 and impervious to weight gain!

Candice Lynn said...

Add 5 years to that age and an hour and a half at the gym...I am NOT impervious. I'll bring you some tomorrow, Dad. :)

L said...

um... YUMMMM!

Courtney said...

seriously...the ice cream thing is pretty bad, brigham doesn't understand that after dinner always comes ice cream. Not pie, not cake, not cookies. ice cream. those are all nice additions to the gallon our family goes through every sunday, but nothing beats a bowl of that creamy deliciousness. by the way...aren't seeing your students grow, thinking that one day they will be the leaders of our country a perk also? come on candice...aren't you dying to see how all of the skanky liberty girls turn out. i know i am.

The Panero Family said...

I must say that I dream sleep breathe ice cream. It always sound delicious. I remember have lunch at Rosemary's (which included a full size John's Hot Cookie Sandwich) and then taking a black and white to go. I gotta get running again...

Jaime said...

I want that ice cream right now!!!!!!!