CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

No matter what...

It's quite a feeling walking out of a polling place with my head held high, an "I Voted" sticker firmly in place (which I had to ask for, making me feel like a third grader), and with the knowledge that I just cast a ballot for the candidates and propositions I have studied and support, all in the company of my fellow countrymen. Cue the music! "And I'm proud to be an American, for at least I know I'm free..." As the results begin pouring in, whether or not victory is won for your causes and candidates, just remember the following:

The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You don't blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny. -Albert Ellis

Election Day fun: If you needed further proof that P. Diddy makes the list of the "Top 5 Most Annoyingly Pretentious Celebrities", especially during elections (Vote or die? Really? That seems a little extreme, Diddy.) click here.

2 comments:

Dean and Maryellen said...

I'm proud of you Candice. I am so proud to be an American and from the United States. I let everyone know that here in Australia. No way would I want to live here.

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

It is exciting to be a part of the electoral process. How fortunate we are!