CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

13 Things

Those who know me well have come to realize they really don't know me at all, as I tend to not talk about myself a whole lot...I have friends and family who do it enough for everyone. However, after reading one of my favorite blogs ("Meghan" on my blog list) I found a challenge of sorts had been issued in which I was instructed to write about myself. The catch is that you must have as many entries as the date you write it, so hold on, world! You're about to get to know Candice in 13 different ways! You think you know, but you have no idea...(Did I really just quote an MTV show? Kill me now.) Do the same on your blog (quickly, before it is the 30th!) and leave me a comment so I can check out your shady past.

1. I have a serious addiction to pictures, paintings, posters, etc. I am constantly on the hunt for cool new stuff to hang on my walls, and nothing is off limits. I scour vintage magazines, art websites, and antique and thrift stores in search of the next great thing. My newest obsession is finding sewing patterns from the 50s, 60s, and 70s that I frame, while saving the patterns for the day I finally learn how to sew. At last count, not including the art that sits in my spare bedroom closet, I have 82. 82. I am cutting myself off.

2. I have 70 first cousins. We Mormons don't mess around.

3. My reading obsession of choice when I was young was "The Baby-Sitters Club" series. My favorite part in each book was when the narrator (the author would trade off between the different baby-sitters) would describe Claudia Kishi's outfits, which included things like earrings of miniature baskets of fruit and suspenders holding up a pair of men's knickers. I still buy these books when I come across them at used bookstores...and sometimes read them.

4. My uncles gave me the nickname of Billy Idol when I was about 8 years old, as I had short, bright blonde hair and because they were jerks. They also referred to me as Nondus. Like I said, jerks.

5. My very first memory is of Nicole trying to drown me in the bathtub.

6. I have the complete set of Gwen Stefani dolls, including her Harajuku girls, that were issued following her first tour. They are still in their boxes, and there they will remain until FOR-E-VER.

7. I am a firm believer in the fact that people treat you differently based upon your haircolor. In the past five years I have been a blonde, brunette, and redhead, and am currently somewhere in between the last two; Loreal Preference calls it Medium Copper Brown. I decided to go to the dark side following a trip to Europe, where I received much unwanted attention due to my blonde locks. (Okay, maybe not all of it was unwanted.) Upon my return to America, I went to the drugstore and purchased a couple of boxes of hairdye (I have a ridiculous amount of hair), followed the instructions, and thirty minutes later was a new woman! For the first few weeks I felt as though I was wearing a wig, but soon loved the new look. Every now and then I come across old pictures of my blonde days and get a little nostalgic, but then figure it would cost a couple hundred dollars to have my hair stripped and come to my senses. Maybe I'll go back when I hit my midlife crisis.

8. I cannot stand when people use the wrong your/you're, their/there/they're, and it's/its. I also hate when they write "haha" in blogs, emails, and texts. If you need to let me know something is funny and that laughter should be occurring, it probably isn't that funny.

9. One of my proudest moments was opening my PG&E bill last December and seeing that I owed $3.91. You read that correctly. One of my life's goals includes getting charged an even lower amount; just doing my part to conserve, Al Gore.

10. When I was younger I wanted to marry someone whose last name started with either an "E" or a "B", as it would make my initials C.L.U.E. or C.L.U.B. I have since amended my list of things desired of my future spouse.

11. I count nonstop. Whether it is cars, letters in words I hear or read, items on my desk, or people sitting in a group, I count. I get excited when it totals in increments of ten.

12. I sucked my finger (righthand, pointer finger) until about the 4th grade. How I do not have buck teeth, I will never know. My parents tried everything (bribes, punishments, nasty tasting stuff on my finger) but to no avail. I think I stopped because I worshiped my 4th grade teacher (Ms. Elison, now Liz Sagers) and didn't want to ever slip up and do it in her class.

13. My favorite physical attribute about myself is my hair. My favorite personal attribute is my sarcastic sense of humor. Some might say I use it as a defense mechanism...they may be right.

Your turn-GO!

8 comments:

G-rant said...

So check this out. I also sucked my right pointer finger 'til the age of 10 and guess who was my teacher at the time? Yep, Ms. Elison.

and now my daughter does the samething. I am trying to help her stop and she's five.

umm I'll think about doing the list, but right now it's a thought.

Amy Coontz said...

LOVED it, LOVE you!! Amen to #8, hate the haha's!! Love the dark hair!!

PS - new guy in my ward - bad news, lost his job, so had to move home. Good news super cute, nice, great parents, in education, could easily re-locate - let me know.

Stake Camp Directors said...

I love the idea but if I put it off for about two weeks we will be into the month of December and I will post in the single digits.

Meghan said...

Phoebe sucks her pointer finger. I had never heard of anyone else doing this until now.

Awesome.

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

So glad to hear that you are open to amending your future spouse list. I loved all of them, but am especially in shock about the Gwen dolls. You and Nicole are TOTALLY alike in that way! How fun!

I believe those same said uncles liked to use the nickname Bertha, too!

Jaime said...

I loved reading about all these new things I didn't know. I am going to be so nervous to post on your blog because I have horrible grammer skills. I am sure I am one of those who uses HAHA all the time. I think I might wait like your mom and do this post in the begining of December. I think I have a ton of patterens that were my great grandmas from the 40's I will have to see if I can find them! I will be looking for you tongiht at the concert.

Heidi and Rich said...

I loved reading that. I love getting to know you better even though we don't live near each other. You are too funny - I love having you describe yourself. You have always been a great listener but never said a lot about yourself...so this was fun to read. Ms. Elison must have had some serious power - I wonder what other bad habits she cured her students of without knowing!!! By the way, I love your darker hair - I don't know that I'll ever go blonde again either.

Anonymous said...

it was extremely provocative to read.
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]
[img]http://www.cpcstorm.com/co/images/6.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.cpcstorm.com/co/images/7.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.cpcstorm.com/co/images/8.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.cpcstorm.com/co/images/9.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.cpcstorm.com/co/images/10.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.cpcstorm.com/co/images/11.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.cpcstorm.com/co/images/12.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.cpcstorm.com/co/images/13.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.cpcstorm.com/co/images/17.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.cpcstorm.com/co/images/18.gif[/img]