CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 24, 2008

I love my job: reason #108

I know it is easy to enjoy my job when a four day weekend is in the near future (five day, really-the kids just don't show up the day before break begins, especially when school lets out two hours early) but it is stuff like the picture above that keeps me entertained. The star of the photo decided that, for her senior picture, she would follow the example set by others, in which they bring along their favorite pet to share their yearbook memories. Why? Couldn't tell you. We all know I am not a big animal person, as evidenced by the fact that I bought a dog a few years back (from the SPCA-just trying to do some good!), realized I didn't want the yippy thing about when I came home from a classroom of yippy things, and dropped her off at my parents' house, never to take her back. I know, I am a deadbeat pet owner. Ho-hum. I also voted no on Prop. 2-screw the chickens and baby cows! (A special place in hell awaits me.)

But I digress...The gal in the photo thought it would be a good idea to purchase a hideous Christmas sweater, the type of stuff elementary school teachers wear around the holidays (usually accompanied by a a chunky necklace with big wooden Santas), and on her way to the portrait studio spotted a chicken statue in her neighbor's yard; so she swiped it, posing with it the same way a fellow student might pose with their beloved cat or dog. LO-VING IT.
Bangarang, Kristen.

6 comments:

Jaime said...

That picture is so funny. I am amazed that people really want to take senior pictures with their pets.

Peter FNFN said...

why do they even allow that? pets/senior pics have never been in the same sentence for me before tonight.
p.s. i know it's disturbing considering our ages, but i'm attracted to this girl...solely based on her sense of humor, style, and all around cleverness. haha! classic!

Amy Coontz said...

That is so funny.
I don't get the whole pet thing either! I have enough to take care of.

Meghan said...

My brother-in-law Stu posed with their boston terrier.

I can forgive that.

The chick above is obviously trying to be "bootleg" and I'm not sure whether I salute that or whether I hate it while secretly being jealous.

clare said...

I am an animal person- but I love anyone who makes a joke of school pictures (they've always creeped me out a little)! That student is awesome.

KillmerFam said...

Hey Candice! It's Jennifer (Pitts). I happened upon your blog and love reading it! You make me laugh! I'm glad you're doing well and I love the fact that someone out there still uses the phrase "bangarang"! Anyway, enjoy your 4 day weekend!