CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Almonds make everything better.

As many of you know, I am currently in training for the Nike Women's half marathon in San Diego in a few weeks. I am scheduled to run 6 miles today, but something (ie my scale) tells me I should double...or triple that number. Why, one might ask? I rode my bike on over to Rite Aid last night to indulge my new healthy self in ONE scoop of sherbet. One...of sherbert, the sorriest excuse for ice cream. But what's that on the shelf marked 50% off? Why, none other than a big ol' bag of my favorite almond M&M's. In these rough economic times, who could turn down such an amazing deal?

People, there is a reason I don't have a well-stocked pantry and fridge (besides just being one of the cheapest humans alive). I have little to no self-restraint when it comes to chocolaty goodness, and as I type I am finishing off the last of the bag o' delectable deliciousness, because we all know it's better to just end it quickly and get the culprit out of sight than to eat the recommended serving size. Who's with me, ladies? Stupid Rite Aid and its Thrifty ice cream are to blame. The road to hell is paved with good intentions...I'm taking ex-lax and getting this taken care of quickly.

7 comments:

Jaime said...

You are too funny. I am in love with Dark chocolate M&M's they are too good to pass up. I think we are at rite aide once a week indulging on their wonderful ice cream! You would be Charley's favorite with Sherbert. she loves that stuff. Good luck with your run. I am sure you will do great!

Amy Coontz said...

I am the same!! Wish I could eat Ice Cream at rite aid!!

I have lived on candy corn for the last two weeks.

G-rant said...

Good post. Except for one thing, Ex-lax. It will do you no good. Why you ask? Its simple. Women don't poop. Go through the motions all you want, but nothing comes out and you can't change my mind or fact. Toodles.

Stake Camp Directors said...

SO is that why yo visited Jack during your run last night.

Heidi and Rich said...

You are hilarious. I love almonds and chocolate too. I agree you should just eat them all and start fresh tomorrow!! Good luck with the half marathon.

Meghan said...

I once bought the huge bag at Costco because it was such a deal.

And I can't go to Food 4 Less with anything other than cash because I will spend our savings on every snack imaginable just because "LOOK HOW CHEAP IT IS, GEOFF!?"

Sherbet is the worst. THE WORST! I'm proud of your restraint at the ice cream counter.

And I get tired driving 6 miles.

Meghan said...

^ the big bag o' M&Ms. I like plain, myself. And peanut. And peanut butter.