CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 6, 2008

Spare time on your hands?

I have a very strict game plan in my classroom and closely follow the schedule of units I put in order before the semester even starts, meaning this week my students are learning about "Business Organizations," such as corporations and sole proprietorships. However, what with all the great fun currently taking place in the real world, we are regularly NOT sticking to my lovely schedule and discussing "what went wrong?", which is great because it shows they're interested in/fearful of their non-existent future. In the midst of my continuing research to figure out how to best answer their many questions, I found a great paper written by a Professor Fred Foldvary, who I can forgive for residing in Berkeley, as he supports the free market and is not a Democrat. It's 40 pages, but what else are you going to do after you bury all of your money in the backyard? I love my Google like a fat kid loves cake...or like a Meghan loves etsy.

3 comments:

Meghan said...

I do love etsy.

I'm intrigued to read the article, but can't handle 40 pages until I've at least eaten and fed the baby.

The Panero Family said...

I must admit that I don't understand how the bill can be 451 pages to fix everything. I think the best response to all of this is check out the sprint commercial with the firefighters. Its an indirect slap in the face to those who are in government right now "fixing" the crisis.

Dean and Maryellen said...

I will let you figure it out. Grandpa is our money person and I am very happy about that. I am smart enough to know that we have lost about two years worth of our money as we serve the Lord here in Australia. However I also know that the Lord is in charge and we just keep on going and don't become like the Nephites of old. Love you Candice, We do look forward to conference. Will hope we are able to see the Pres. Monson segment.