CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Big goals in life.

The summer of 2008 will forever be remembered as one of my more difficult, as it did not include standing in line for the new Harry Potter, and I knew that I never would again experience the anticipation and exhilaration of having the Borders clerk hand me a book full of new wizarding adventures. To make up for this great loss in my life, I decided to read the entire series again in order, and I picked up #1 as October began. I found myself quickly finishing the first few and decided I was going to step it up and read all seven in the month of October. I am proud to say, family and friends, mission accomplished. I know, hold your applause. I highly recommend the continual reading of this series, as each time one discovers new details and angles. I know there are many more important pieces of literature I should be devouring, and I do, but Harry Potter just cannot be topped (sorry, Twilight fans). I never would have thought I would discover a series that brought me greater joy than the Baby-Sitters Club (oh, the folly of youth!) but you never know what surprises life has in store.

Leave your book recommendations here, please. :)

5 comments:

Meghan said...

While I normally loathe fiction, I read "Pillars of the Earth" in less than a week. Yes. It's over 1000 pages and oh my it's so good I was staying up late to read it and waking up early (and I was like 10 months pregnant at this point, too). It's SO GOOD.

Amy Coontz said...

I wish I could rad as fast as you. I miss Harry Potter too. When is the next stinkin movie coming!

G-rant said...

Really, am I allowed to call you a nerd on your blog.

Kristi said...

I too loved Harry Potter. I've read them all a couple of times.
Hey let me suggest the Eragon books. I loved them. Full of magic and fantasy. There are three books written so far with the fourth book (Inheritance) still in writing.

Peter FNFN said...

books? books are for girls!!