CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Dumb and Dumber

Two weeks ago Mason had his first varsity footbal game against Clovis West. They were up 19 to 7 at the half and we were all thrilled. When the team got back from halftime, however, he was on the sidelines, talking to everyone (we don't talk if not required) and dancing around. Hmmm...Dad went down to investigate but Mason couldn't really tell him anything. Why, you ask? He had a concussion. Apparently his teammates had a good time with him throughout the remainder of the game, as he forgot everything a minute after the conversation. More of the incident was documented for hours afterwards at home, with Jordan videotaping, and each time Mason was told Liberty ended up losing (after he got out-he is awesome!) he had the EXACT same reaction: make a noise, sigh heavily, and lean back...this continued for a couple hours, as well as his reading the same text messages aloud repeatedly. You definitely know something is up when he's sharing info. from his phone, as I've had my arm nearly ripped from its socket a few times for just glancing at the stupid thing. Mason was taken to the emergency room, where they confirmed what we already knew. The fun continued the next day, as he asked me the same questions he had posed to everyone else, until he finally fell asleep (thank goodness). He is till bummed that he'll never remember his first varsity game, but we will never forget it! Now Jordan's turn-wisdom teeth removed Tuesday plus the good drugs Wednesday night equals crazy druggie falling asleep in his mashed potatoes and taking 5 hours to apply chapstick. As we are not the drug-indulging family, these two incidents are the closest I'll ever get to seeing my brothers in an inebriated state...which is a-ok. Just say no, kids, just say no.

5 comments:

Meghan said...

Geoff never played football, but -- I swear to you -- he forgets stuff I just told him all-the-time. This story is awesome.

Also -- um -- do you think Jordan would want to sell his vicodin? I mean, for a good cause ...

SHIT! Nevermind, I'm breastfeeding. GAH! Baby ... ruining my LIFE and crap.

Heidi and Rich said...

how funny!! We need to see a video clip or something. I hope all is well with Mason.

Peter FNFN said...

that's hilarious! and i wish there was video proof on your blog!

Dean and Maryellen said...

Thanks for writing about Mason's experience. We heard about it but not in detail. I had a concussion when I was small and wondered home like I was drunk. The same with Carrie. It was hard not to laugh at her. I am glad it wasn't something worse. To bad he missed the game. However he can say they lost because he was out.

Jaime said...

I am so glad Mason is ok. Michael did say it was so funny watching him talk to Jordan. I would also have loved seeing Jordan on Valium. Too funny!