CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Suggestions wanted.


For those who have not yet been drawn into the hilarity that is 30 Rock, may I recommend that you schedule a viewing next Thursday night at 9:30. It is a behind-the-scenes show about an NBC sitcom, and Alec Baldwin is especially fantastic; though a typical annoying Hollywood liberal in real-life, he masterfully plays a Republican corporate bigwig.

Although the most recent episode was a rerun, I still managed to not feel as though I had wasted thirty minutes of my life, as I had a pile of papers to grade in front of me. (Does it matter that I only got through about five?) Moreover, it was the genius reunion episode in which Liz Lemon (Tina Fey’s character) returns to her high school to show former classmates that “the ugly duckling has turned into a vaguely ethnic swan”; go online to view the episode or hit up a friend with DVR and good taste in television. (I swear, I am not being compensated for my promotion of this, although I should check into it.)

The point of all of this is that I am currently planning my ten-year reunion with some classmates and am looking for input from those who have attended their own. What did you like about your reunion? Not like? What would be some fun award categories to present (e.g. “person with most divorces under their belt”)? Please include any and all suggestions in the comment box or email me at candice.urmston@gmail.com.

Merci beaucoup!

5 comments:

Amy Coontz said...

I missed mine, sorry! But , my 20 is quickly approaching!!!!

Kristi said...

I am also planning our ten year. We had a committee meeting yesterday, which was a flop because we all had to bring our kids. Anyway I'll be checking back to see if you get any good info. Sorry I'm no help.

The Panero Family said...

I think a Vh-1 type moment where you bring back the old tunes (just not intergalactic) and the best news from the time. I think mine would have been more exciting if there was more space to move around. I did like how there was a little synopsis book wherein people caught you up on their lives and included a new picture.

Courtney said...

so i'm thinking you should do a "where are they now" i see you wrote "most divorces" and stuff but if you could grab the picture of say "Best Hair" or even better "Cutest couple" and then put a recent picture by it, i think that would be fun.

Shelly said...

At one of mine they had dinner and a dance. Well, nobody wants to dance with their spouse because they came to catch up on old friends, and it's awkward to dance with others when you are married, and you want to talk to girlfriends... The music was so loud you couldn't converse. So I would say nix the loud music! There's my input!