CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I love my job: reason #136



We are wrapping up our study of demand this week (when prices go up, demand goes down...earth-shattering, I know) and I planned a project for my honors students to get their juices flowing. These kids need to be creatively engaged to stay interested, and I thought it would be fun to expand upon our study of what other factors influence demand besides just price. Following a class analysis and discussion of ads for things like cigarettes and diamonds (you know, the bare necessities), they were assigned the task of designing a campaign (in print or commercial form) that would increase demand "in these tough times" for a seemingly ordinary product. Gold stars, happy faces, and kudos to Jean-Luc (you MUST say this as though you are aboard the Starship Enterprise), Brandon, Brian, and Ryan. Freakin' hilarious.

PS-Many other student campaigns used the "sex sells" tactic; interesting final products are proudly displayed upon my classroom walls.

9 comments:

Race Fam said...

So creative, I love it! The commentating is great just like it was a real t.v infomercial. Is that Brandon Carter? I cant' believe he is that old!

Amy Coontz said...

That was AWESOME!

Meghan said...

That video is the greatest thing on the Internet.

Stake Camp Directors said...

Uhhhh, yes it is amazing. I tried the phone number listed, and no one would let me order the package advertised? What is up with that?

Heidi and Rich said...

I love it. Were you able to keep a straight face during that presentation? I have been cracking up - it is so like an infomercial ( I watch a lot of those as I feed the baby these days - they are pretty convincing).

KillmerFam said...

That was good! I love reading your blog! You make me laugh! I hope they got a good grade!

Mr. Ailstron said...

Those guys are funny...

Matthew Urmston said...

Candice, I LOVE YOUR BLOG. Les

The Panero Family said...

Ohmigosh, that was so creative. Talia and I watched the whole thing. My favorite part was the place holder in line. Talia of course thinks the commercial was about her magic wand. You can let your students know that they forgot one use -it can do spells (according to Talia anyway).