CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Merci Beaucoup, Dad!

Christmas just came early for me! I ran home during lunch today (okay, I drove, even though it is less than ¼ of a mile away-it is COLD! And I am lazy…) and found the BEST surprise awaiting me: the bushes in my front yard (hiding places for potential rapists) had been trimmed and (drumroll) my backyard is weed free!

For anyone who has ever seen my backyard, there is no need to expand upon its ghetto-not-so-fabulousness. Weeds taller than me covered the whole area, and the skeletons of a couple kittens are in the ground somewhere (not my cats-I HATE them-but the offspring of a crazy mama cat who has been sent to remind us all that hell actually does exist).

I vow that I will not allow the weeds to come back this time, which means I will have to venture outside to do some yard work, one of my least favorite things to do. I remember having to weed in my younger years, and one day thought I would be smart and just cut them, using my mom’s GOOD SEWING SCISSORS. (I am as surprised as the rest of you that I made it to twenty-seven following such an atrocious lapse in judgment.) It is time to throw down some seed and plant a garden; I’m going to force myself to have a green thumb if it kills me, because we all need more fruits and veggies in our lives, especially if they’re free. Stick that one in your pipe and smoke it, new organic grocery store down the street!

I apologize to my readers for the repeated use of the exclamation point in this post, but I really am flippin' excited!!!

8 comments:

Amy Coontz said...

I can relate, it would be like someone doing all my laundry!!

Kyle Johnson said...

$5 says the weeds are taller than you by Valentine's Day...

Stake Camp Directors said...

I love you to death but I join in with the "Kyle-man" only because I agree with yo that yard work stinks but I had to instill in you the love of a hard day's labor so I sent you out to the back forty at Foothill to weed your cute little heart out. And by the way Dad bought me a new pair of "sewing scissors" to go with my new sewing machine. Please no one use them!!!!!!!!!!for weeding for opening otter pops or cutting pizza

Jaime said...

I love the picture. I hate weeds also. Why can't they just stay away. Make the young men come over and take care of your yard. The young mens pres. is your home teacher he is slacking on his job of service.

David and Amanda said...

Candice! Your comment on Kim's Blog was so stinkin' funny I had to tell you myself. Your Blog is super cute too. --Amanda Clement Clyde

Kristi said...

I think you'll grow to love yard work. I have (maybe because I get out, and away from my kids for a bit). But it is pretty rewarding to have a garden of your own.

Matthew Urmston said...

Marc carved that woman!?! I didn't know he had such an artistic side to him. That's pretty good.

Unknown said...

Weed free? Too bad the high school can't say the same thing about its students.