CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Great way to start the weekend.

I got quite a bit of holiday shopping done last night (and unfortunately bought a few things for myself- Target's clearance racks are an additional 30% off!) and ended up back at my house at about 11:30. I got all my bags out of my car and, when I went to unlock my front door, I realized my house key had fallen off my key ring. Great. I plopped down on my porch and went through everything, then proceeded to investigate my car. Nothing. I ended up back at Target hanging out at the employee door for someone to let me in, but they couldn't find anything either. I combed the parking lot (it's about midnight at this point-I am a genius, I know) but came up empty. Thus, last night was spent bunked on my parents' couch, while this morning was spent finding the cheapest locksmith available. $50 isn't that bad, so thanks to Don's Mobile Locksmith!

Too bad I am a paranoid freak and keep my house locked up like Fort Knox, otherwise I could pop off a screen and voila! I am off to make copies to distribute to some trusted family members.

2 comments:

Jaime said...

I am the same way about locking everything nice and tight. I am so sorry you had to go through all that. At least you aren't as paranoid as I am I would have had to have my whole house re-keyed just incase someone found my key an knew where I lived. I am a freak I know. I think I might have to head over to Target on Monday!

Kristi said...

It's good that you lock up the house so tight. I think we all learn the hard way to give a friend a key. I'll tell you my story:

Noah, my four year old, and I went into the garage to throw out some trash, went back to the door and Hyrum, my two year old, had locked the dead bolt. He was inside, trying to come out to join us, but didn't know how to open the door. He was crying uncontrollably, he thought that we were going to leave him or something. It was so hard on me, because I couldn't comfort him. I was about to fall apart myself. I didn't have any shoes on, so I couldn't check the back windows (I have no grass only horrible painful weeds) Luckily, this was during the summer. I walked across the street to my neighbors house, borrowed some shoes, and had them help me break into the back window on my deck. After that I also made a spare key.