CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

The first week.

I have officially transitioned from Liberty to Frontier with no real scars and, even better, the first week of school has come to an end-YAY! Only about 40 more weeks to go. If kids think they have a countdown until summer vacation, they've got nothing on the teachers. Everything already seems monumentally easier this year-perhaps it's because I have only only prep (CP economics-I pick up honors next semester) as opposed to the five I had at Liberty (five different levels and subjects=five different lesson plans). Big thumbs down to that. A few of my classes are ridiculously large (43 students, Governor Schwarzenegger? That's awesome!) but the kids are great; similar to Liberty's clientel (i.e. rich and white) but not as many of the spoiled snobs with the ipods, $200 jeans, and fancy cell phones that can mow your lawn. Teaching the exact same subject and level from the first to the last bell can make me feel a bit crazy at times ("did I already say that?" has become a common phrase) but it makes preparation much easier. It also means that by 7th period it is very easy for the kids to get me off track-they enjoy it.

3 comments:

Heidi and Rich said...

That is so good that you only have 1 prep - I couldn't believe you had so many last year as a first year teacher. No wonder so many beginning teachers leave the field of education. Anyways - good luck. I am glad to hear you've survived the first week!

Kristi said...

I never really thought about how much the teachers would be looking forward to summer vacation. I'd bet it's nothing compared to the teacher's excitement. I guess they conceal their enthusiam.

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

One subject must feel like a breeze compared to last year! You have quite the 'clientele' - I'm sure you enjoy teaching the real world view of economics.