CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

1800 mg of ibuprofen in the last 24 hours.

Jordan, Mason, Dave Lewis, Mac (Jordan's swim buddy) and I decided to be active yesterday and spent 5 hours enjoying the rock wall at Action Sports. Clayton Davis works there and got us all harnessed up and ready for a good time. It was my first time and I loved it-my cheap self is even thinking about investing in an annual pass. In the middle of the rock wall area is a boulder with different "problems" marked, and I did the beginner level fairly quickly. And then I met my nemesis: level V0 with the blue tape. The boys all did it quickly and each of them spent time coaching me through, not understanding why I could not get to the top-I blame my short stature. Right before we were about to leave, I finally made it halfway up, at which point Mason coached me to the top. YEA! I think they should have a man selling "I made it to the top" shirts up there, just as at Yosemite. (Keep in mind the boulder is about 10 feet high.) Seriously, though, it gave me quite a feeling of accomplishment, and I was happy to not have nightmares of blue tape taunting me. We left for 2 hours while they had a rock wall birthday party, trying to relax and come to grips with the fact that we could already feel the soreness in our bodies-the workout is fantastic/kill me now. We continued until the place closed and I conquered a few more bigger climbs (big for me). I am excited to go back and highly recommend it to anyone in town.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

5 hours??? I went climbing on Friday and was spent after an hour and a half. Sister Urmston, you are tough as nails. By the way, it's like day six on the email clock.

Cooper Urmston said...

I wish I was in town. I also wish I could go rock climbing. Maybe I will...sounds like fun!!! Good Job on the wall!!!!?

Anonymous said...

Hey i am suuper boy