CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Um, no.

I went to my first yoga class yesterday and, while it was challenging, peaceful, and I am feeling sore in different muscles, it's not really my thing. I prefer more energetic working out, like kickboxing or trying to not die on the elliptical while the front desk guy at the gym changes the TV channel from Law and Order to SportsCenter-NOOOOO!!!. The class was a mixture of pale women who recycle and hang out in coffeeshops, and women with nasty acrylic nails and big fake boobs. You know, all that makes Bakersfield the great place it is. The girl leading the class started off the session massaging some mint lotion into our shoulders, though, and she has inspired me to do one thing: find a doctor on my insurance plan that does massages. So all things considered, a good hour and a half. It's just hard not to laugh sometimes when people take stuff like that (refer to above picture) so seriously.

2 comments:

clare said...

Candice you make me laugh so much! I use to always go to a regular yoga class and seriously had to fight back snorts and laughs when theses people would take it soooo seriously. You know...like the old man with the short spandex shorts, and nothing else, getting stuck in a head stand against the wall. Or the chicks who reek of patchouli breathing so hard through their noses- and you know they're just showing off because no one needs to breath that hard... I am with you on it sister. We should go together sometime!

Kristi said...

Just the picture makes me uncomfortable. Someday when I have big fake boobs, and nothing else to spend my time or money on, I will join in. But for now I don't quite fit in either.