CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Capitalism, schmapitalism.

My new t-shirt, found on ebay and ordered for tomorrow's lesson on command economies. Yay! I embrace my nerdery fully. (Yes, I just made up a word-jealous?) Have some fun times and see if you can name each of the leaders featured, party people. Now enjoy some quotes concerning the free market...

"The cold fact is that most income is not distributed: it is earned."

"Capitalism is what people do if you leave them alone."

"Capitalism needs to function like a game of tug-of-war. Two opposing sides need to continually struggle for dominance, but at no time can either side be permitted to walk away with the rope."

Following our discussion concerning the good, the bad, and the ugly of our free market system, one student had me pegged as a Democrat. (Insert laughter here. I love messing with their minds.) Apparently my negative response to her question about whether I am a fan of Fox News led her to label me as a liberal. Nerds...And such things are what frustrate me about the current state of America-you're either one or the other. This whole brooha about Obama's address to schoolchildren is ridiculous. Teachers show stuff in class all the time that is probably biased or not reviewed by administration-why the need for them to do it now? Besides, I am sure not even a quarter of the students would even internalize the information being presented. Obama is the president and if he wants to have some face time with kids, have at it. Heaven forbid he encourage them to stay in school and take responsibility for their lives (although the legislation and policies he supports are doing just the opposite). What's next? Is he going to tell them to eat vegetables?! (Organic, of course.) Everyone just needs to chill.

Click on the following link for a hilarious article, courtesy of the cracked.com:
Republicans vs. Democrats. Fight, fight, fight...

0 comments: