CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 2, 2009

50.

Over the course of the holiday break I have had the time to read quite a few new books, some of which I loved (e.g. The Black Dahlia and The Other Boelyn Girl). I realized that I have gotten into the habit of rereading the same books over and over, and have decided that one of my goals for 2009 is to read 50 books I have never experienced. I originally thought 100 would be a fun number, but then quickly realized that would be one book every 3.6 days (I know, I am dazzling you all with my math skills) and that might take the fun out of the whole thing. My first selection is Gone with the Wind and, while it is a bit weighty and some of the slave language (is that okay to say? Who cares...) is dificult to understand, a la Jim in Huck Finn, I am thoroughly enjoying this classic.

5 comments:

Urmston Family said...

Please keep us posted. I am always looking for a good book. I am reading Marley and Me and it is really cute and fuzzy and makes me like my dog more. Glad you had a great Christams, hope you are ready for Monday.

Urmston Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelly said...

I liked the book "Gone with the Wind" much better than the movie, but Scarlett is still a selfish, spoiled brat. Maybe that is what surviving a war does to you.... I am re-reading "To Kill a Mockingbird" for about the third time. Such a good one. Keep us posted; I'll be looking for new ideas, too!

Meghan said...

Wow -- a book a week, basically! I'm impressed. If you liked The Other Boleyn Girl, might I suggest any of the Tudors books by Jean Plaidy -- they're all historically accurate and written SO well. I read about Anne Boleyn and am now on Katharine of Aragon. I. Love. Them.

Jessica said...

Candice, I have Landon reading "Days Go By" (Pathway reading series) to me. Landon does a good job retelling what he just read.
Erman