CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Some covert action.

Mason and I went shopping for his prom shoes and tie today and had a MAJOR score on the Vans. We stopped by Macy's as well so I could buy some fancy-schmancy eyeliner at the MAC counter for about twice the regular price, but I had a gift card and I heard it was the best of the "affordable" options. (I love that magazines such as InStyle think MAC and Banana Republic are good for those "shopping on a budget.") Mason tried to not look like too much of a homosexual at the makeup counter while some bleach blonde gal rattled off about twenty different shades of black from which I could choose-I settled upon black.

We drove by Costco on the way home and Mason asked if I had a Costco card, as a polish dog and soda for $1.50 is cheap and delicious. No membership, but I did have a gift card and needed gas. I didn't want to wait for twenty cars, though, but fatty Mason said we should still attempt to get in the store and I could try an "I forgot my card" line-we're hardcore and decided to go for it. Turns out all I had to do was open my wallet and simply pretend to look through it for the doorman to grant us entrance. Victory! Spicy mustard was in my near future.

Not only was the polish dog and pink lemonade (with a touch of Sprite) as good as ever, I commented to Mason that the fact that we got something we weren't supposed to made it just that much better-he agreed. Hmmmm, maybe proponents of legalizing marijuana based on the argument that a lot of kids do it just because it is illegal are onto something.

5 comments:

Meghan said...

Can I tell you what I ate about an hour ago?

A polish dog LOADED with all the condiments (onions, relish, spicy mustard and absolutely DROWNING in ketchup).

And a Coke. I hadn't had one in awhile, but normally I also go for pink lemonade with a splash o' Sprite.

Good stuff.

Courtney said...

why (as meghan so rightly puts it) the splash o' sprite? never has pink lemonade tasted so good. must be the costco smells also..and the fact that it's $1.50. costco is recession proof!

Unknown said...

You actually don't need to be a COSTCO member to go eat at their food court. Just tell them and they'll let you go over to the food counter.

Heidi and Rich said...

I love it - I hope you two enjoyed your hot dogs!!! Are you ever coming through Vegas? We'd love to have a visit - you could have a free place to stay!!

Peter FNFN said...

i do this ALL the time. just walk in the exit. nobody will ever stop you. ALSO, if you're opposed to the back door, just walk in the front door with purpose, again, nobody will mess with you.