CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 12, 2009

Fashion show! Fashion show! Fashion show at lunch!

I figured now that I have a couple months to catch up, it would be a good time to get a haircut, as it has been about 8 months since the last one and my hair has been through its own Battle of Iwo Jima this year. I sprung for the fancy salon and went to Great Clips, where a gorgeous (seriously) Argentinian lady snipped away. I began by first apologizing for the hot mess that is my hair and explaining its recent history, and then she proceeded to give my hair disparaging looks while encouraging me to buy expensive reconstructive products. Um, did she not hear I stripped it on my own, an obvious sign that I am a cheapskate? That said, I am VERY happy with the cut and will be returning to Adelita at Great Clips on Rosedale. Fo' sho'.

The best part of the experience was eavesdropping on the conversation taking place to my right, as it included some girl describing all the "really cute" outfits she bought her niece. I couldn't see this Eleanor Roosevelt of the 21st century, but after hearing her shopping selections, I had an image in my mind. I will share with you some of her words and you can play the game as well.

1) Sorry boys, I only date rock stars
(Do you WANT your daughter on the "Rock of Love" bus? Dream big, o' little one.)
2) I'm with the MILF
(I will SLAP you, Courtney, if you ever purchase this for me and my pretend children, just for wasting your money.)
3) I love my daddy, even if he is a deabeat a**$#@!
(Make sure to dress the kid in this when the daddy drops by once a year to take the kid to the park for an hour. Nothing like a big pile of animosity to get the visit started right!)

There were a few more, but at this point my head was exploding with the shock and horror of it all. I was tempted to lean over and ask if she found one emblazoned with the message "In 20 years, taxpayers wll be supporting me and my 5 kids", as that would be super appropriate, but I am passive aggressive and that's just not my style. I'll just sit there and smirk to myself at the witty and hilarious things running through my head, then post it on my blog.

I realize that a picture of Britney Spears and the kids sharing a pack of smokes would have been more post-appropriate, but her image has already been used once on my blog, so I though I'd change it up. Nothing like Brooke Hogan in a pair of homemade denim chaps (What?! No bedazzled jewels?!?) to represent this particular sector of society.

7 comments:

Amy Coontz said...

Can't wait to see it, ON TUESDAY!! Mine is getting coiffed tomorrow!

Heidi and Rich said...

You are too funny. I think I say that every time I comment on your blog. Happy Birthday on Monday...you know I always loved the fact that we share our birthday!!

Meghan said...

HORRIBLE! I'd like to sit on my high horse and say that would never happen in SLO county, but let's face it: people obviously buy those shirts everywhere.

I have not had a haircut since February and it's looking pretty scraggly.

Also ... I will always remember your birthday because last year I went into labor on your birthday and MISTAKENLY thought I'd also have a baby that day.

God is really funny like that.

Jaime said...

Very scary! I think I saw someone wearing that exact outfit on the way to my dentist in the dale.

Courtney said...

apparently transvestites are all the rage these days..brooke hogan not only supports them...but looks like them. when is her book coming out..or her mom's? CANNOT WAIT!!!

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

Too funny. I'd love to see a picture of the new do!

M said...

i don't think i've ever seen you as a blonde! post a picture?
ps. i miss our lhs swim meets. remember coach ju? ha