CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 23, 2008

Six months later...




This past week has been an emotional roller coaster. Due to budget cut shenangians and the fact that I'm low man on the totem pole, I will not be at LHS next year but have a job at Frontier. While I know it's a great school and I'm going to save loads in gas (jealous?), I am oh so sad to be leaving. The most difficult part of this past week was saying goodbye to my swimmers; I gave a little farewell speech and was SOBBING in front of about 150 people. I didn't realize how attached I was to my kids, but they really are my kids; hence pictures of them where most of you have snapshots of your children. My seniors had the last of their classes this week, and now I'm experiencing the fun of packing up the loads of stuff I've accumulated in just two years. At the same time, however, I've received such an outpouring of love, thank you notes, and hugs from them all (and gift cards-score!). Despite the stress, lesson planning, ungraded papers, and sleepless nights throughout the school year, I feel so blessed to be a teacher and to have the opportunity to be a part of the lives of so many.

5 comments:

Stake Camp Directors said...

I'm sad you're leaving Liberty too. It was nice having you drop by on your way to your next event after school some days. I love you. MOM

Amy Coontz said...

Candice,
I almost fell out of my chair when I saw the update. I had my mouse on my back button, ready to push it, when WHAT!!! Yeah for you.
Love ya
Aunt Amy

Dean and Maryellen said...

Thanks for sharing a part of your life with us. Ending great parts of life is very hard. however i have found that you turn the corner and there is another waiting for you.Love you,
Grandma

Candice Lynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

I was sad to hear that you would be leaving a school you enjoy...I'm sure you will find new students to love and somehow it will work out for the best!