CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 17, 2009

In it to win it.

I am heading up the blood drive committee at Frontier High School this year and we just had our first event. 150 students signed up to donate (yay!) but we had to turn away about 35, as Houchin Blood Bank just did not have the staff to process that many kids before school was out. Boo.

Anyeatironrichfoodsanddonate, it is a district-wide competition among all the high schools, and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE if we had the most donations, because cheap plastic trophies are cool and saving lives is even better. This post is my request to everyone who donates over the next year to please credit your donation to Frontier High School. Additionally, Houchin will bring the bloodmobile (that sounds disgusting, I know) to your office/business; employees can donate during the workday, and this can also be credited towards our school. And come on! In between helping annoying customers and clients and dealing with ridiculous co-workers, who wouldn't want to be poked and prodded?

For anyone who has ever engaged in a game of Trivial Pursuit/Scene It/Cranium, etc. with me, you know I do not mess around when it comes to such contests. I bring the pain, and this competition is no different. Bonus: great and easy way to help out those in need. And please do not look at the post's image and think I support such crap shows. I am not into the whole vampire/Twilight thing, but I thought it was appropro for my message and the Halloween season. Team Harry Potter. All. The. Way.

2 comments:

Stake Camp Directors said...

Just pretend we don't have hepatitis and can donate.

Leslie said...

Hepatitis?? Go Candice Lynn!